What is the Size of Global Automotive Lidar Industry?
Global Automotive LiDAR market is growing at a CAGR of ~% in 2017-2022 and is expected to reach ~USD Bn by 2028F.
The Automotive LiDAR Market is largely driven by the consistent rise in the adoption of semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles, increasing awareness to vehicle safety regulations and the growing presence of ADAS or Advanced Driver Assistance Systems.
According to a research study, cited by the Ohio University website, nearly 12 million autonomous and 18 million semi-autonomous vehicles will be sold globally by 2035. Apart from these vehicles, vehicles with some sort of autonomous features will occupy one-fourth of the market within the same time frame.
The Automotive LiDAR Market segment has achieved significant technological advancements over the years. LIDARs are capable of collimating laser light, including its short wavelength within the range of 905-1,550 nm. It is also possible to achieve spatial resolution on the order of 0.1 degrees with LIDAR. All these results in best-in-class spatial resolution features.
Furthermore, like many other industries, the supply chain in the market of automotive components was also disrupted during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the restrictions have now been lifted and the possibility of reducing carbon emissions through autonomous cars has helped the market to get back on track.
To Know More about this report, download a Free Sample Report
Global Automotive Lidar Market By Application
The Global Automotive LiDAR market is segmented by Application into Semi-Autonomous Vehicles and Autonomous Vehicles. Semi-autonomous vehicles accounted for the largest share of the market in 2022.
A significant number of vehicles are keen to incorporate some autonomous features even if it is not possible to convert the existing vehicle to a fully autonomous one. This tendency is leading to a surge in the market of semi or partially autonomous vehicles.
However, the autonomous vehicles segment is expected to see significant growth during the forecasted period (2022-2028) owing to the rise in the use of level 4 and level 5 vehicles and technological advancements.
Global Automotive Lidar Market by technology
The Global Automotive LiDAR Market is segmented by Technology into Solid State and Mechanical/Scanning.
Technology-wise, Solid-State LiDAR’s occupied the largest share of the market in 2022. There are several benefits of a Solid-State LiDAR that have helped it gain a competitive edge over mechanical/scanning LiDAR’s. Solid-State LiDAR’s are cheaper and have multiple implementation methods, including Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMs), Flash LIDAR, Frequency-Modulated Continuous Wave LIDAR(FMCW), and Optical Phase Array.
On the other hand, the growth in the Mechanical/Scanning LiDAR segment is expected to be driven by its technological superiority. Apart from using high-grade optics, these LIDARs leverage rotating assemblies to create a wider field of view.
Global Automotive Lidar Market by location
The Global Automotive LiDAR market is segmented by Location into Roof and Upper Pillars, Headlight & Taillight, Bumper & Grill and Others. Automotive LiDAR’s installed on roofs and upper pillars accounted for the largest share of the market in 2022.
Automotive LiDAR’s that leverage the spinning scanner technology on the car roof – covering a full 360-degree horizontal view around the vehicle – is one of the most common varieties in the segment. These scanners are capable of including up to 128 separate lasers and spinning mechanical mirrors at a frequency of 30 Hz. LiDAR’s mounted on the top of the car are also a commonly seen feature in Google’s self-driving cars.
Visit This link Request for Custom Report
Global Automotive Lidar Market By Range
The Global Automotive LiDAR market is segmented by Range into Short- & Mid-Range and Long Range. The Short- and Mid-range LiDAR’s accounted for the largest share of the market in 2022.
Short and Mid-range LiDAR’s are not as expensive as long-range LiDAR’s that come with a range of 100 meters. Moreover, long-range LIDARs are not efficient in detecting close-range objects.
The short- and mid-range LiDAR’s work well in meeting most of the automotive needs unless it is for fast-moving navigating vehicles.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Snapshot of the Global Automotive LiDAR Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of the Global Automotive
- Historic Growth of the Overall Global Automotive LiDAR Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of the Global Automotive LiDAR Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings, and Strengths & Weaknesses of Key Competitors
- COVID-19 Impact on the Overall Global Automotive LiDAR Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total Global Automotive LiDAR Market and by Segments
- Market Size of Application Segments with Historical CAGR and Future Forecasts
- Analysis of the Global Automotive LiDAR Market
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs within Each Region
- Major Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Region
Notable Key Players Mentioned in the Report
- Continental AG
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Velodyne LIDAR
- First Sensor AG
- Quanergy Systems
- Innoviz Technologies
- Robert Bosch GMBH
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Luminar Technologies
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Automotive LiDAR Manufacturers
- Component Suppliers for LiDAR
- Autonomous Vehicle Manufacturers
- Vehicle Manufacturers
- Electric Vehicle Manufacturers
- Mobility-tech startups
- Mobility-Tech/ Travel/ Transport Industry Investors/ VC Funds
- Government Transportation Agencies
- Vehicle Safety Authorities/ Research Organizations
- Automotive Electronics Manufacturers
- Semiconductor IP Suppliers
- Semiconductor Chip Manufacturers
- SoC and Hardware Suppliers
- Auto Component Manufacturers
- Government & Regulatory Authorities of Automotive Industry
- Automotive Research institutes
- PCB Designers and Manufacturers
- Investors in Automotive Industry
- Software Developers & EV Component Manufacturers
- Start-ups & Incumbents in Automotive Electronics
- Automotive Testing & Inspection Companies
- Company Research and Development Institutes
- Market Research & Consulting Firms
- Banking and Financial Service Providers
Time Period Captured in the Report
- Historical Period: 2017-2021
- Forecast Period: 2022E-2028F
For more insights on the market intelligence, refer to the link below:-
Global Automotive LiDAR Market