1. Technological Innovations in the Ophthalmology Field in Thailand.
Technology In Ophthalmology Industry in Other Countries
Thailand became one of the leading countries regarding tele-ophthalmology researches after establishing tele-ophthalmology system between Bangkok and health centers in remote rural areas.
ReLEx technique is practised which uses the VisuMax femtosecond laser, minimizes the cornea weakening and results in better curvature change than with LASIK.
Thammasat Chalermprakiat Hospital’s Artificial Eye Center has initiated a project to produce fake eyes free of charge, for people who’ve lost their eyes. Artificial Eyes create a stop-gap arrangement for patients waiting for permanent fake eyes.
2. Scope of Medical Tourism in the Ophthalmology Space in Thailand-What Makes Thailand a Favourable Destination?
Interested to Know More about this Report, Request for a sample report
- Femtosecond Laser (ReLEx SMILE technique) & Wavefront Customization are 2 optimized technologies offered for LASIK in Thailand; LASIK process complete in 15 mins for both eyes
- Samitivej Thonburi Hospital & TRSC International LASIK Center conduct LASIK surgeries at $2000 and $2,500 respectively, which including travel & accommodation costs less than that in US/Australia/UK.
- Combining eye surgery procedure with an entire 5–6-day vacation in the country is very common due to the low living costs & the tropical nature of the country from a leisure post of view.
- Thailand houses LASIK institutes such as TRSC International LASIK Center, which have been awarded ISO 9001:2000 certification. Pioneers of Eye Care such as Dr Uthai Rutnin & Dr Ekktet Chansue run successful clinics in the country.
3. Key Future Growth Trends for Ophthalmology in Thailand.
Visit this Link :- Request for custom report
Clinics are increasingly creating separate divisions for pediatric ophthalmology. Trend expected to continue as eye ailments become more common across children.
Double Eyelid surgery is the most common cosmetic procedure performed in Thailand, & is expected to continue to be so, as eye clinics begin offering the procedure in its packages.
Eye Surgeries are expected to grow at a CAGR of about 3.5% from 2020-2025, while Surgery Revenues are projected to grow at a CAGR of about 5% over the same period.
Average Consultation price is expected to rise from THB 1,100 in 2020 to nearly THB 1,200 in 2025.