Regional Players Dominate the Market Holding the Majority Revenue Share Despite the Presence of ~200 Competitors Comprising a Large Number of Country-Niche Players, finds a recent market study on the Global Multilayer Printed Circuits Market by Ken Research.
A Multilayer Printed Circuit is made up of three or more copper foil layers, bonded together by prepreg (PP). These are made from flat sheets of insulating material and serve as a foundation for most electronic products, both for providing physical support as well as wiring area for different socketed and surface-mounted components. They can contain as many layers as needed for a project but they contain only even-numbered layers. Furthermore, expanding the market for smart devices, mobile phones, laptops, etc is driving the growth in this industry.
Country-Niche Players constitute about 55% of the Total Number of Competitors while Regional Players constitute 35% of the competition
A comprehensive competitive analysis conducted during the Research Study found that the Global Multilayer Printed Circuits Market is highly competitive with ~200 players which include globally diversified players, regional players as well as country-niche players having their niche in multilayer printed boards for various end-user industries. The global players comprise just ~10% of total competitors but control ~40% of market share. The regional players comprise about 35% in terms of the number of companies and hold a 35% market revenue share followed. Most of the country-niche players are local manufacturers of printed circuit boards.
Leading Global Players Focus on Acquisition and Increase in Production to Cater to the Wider End-user Audience
Detailed comparative analysis of key competitors available within the Research Study shows that global players such as Trackwise Designs plc, and TTM Technologies are highly focused on advancing their existing PCB technology to inculcate high efficiency and robustness in their products that can be used in multiple applications segments like healthcare, aerospace, defense, consumer electronics, automotive industry, etc. Furthermore, several companies and organizations are expanding their presence in this highly fragmented market by expanding their production capacity.
- In April 2020, Trackwise Designs plc, a manufacturer of specialist products using printed circuit technology acquires Stevenage Circuits, a supplier of all types of printed circuit technology, to increase flexible printed circuit board production.
- In June 2021, AT&S, a designer and manufacturer of high-end printed circuit boards and substrates for semiconductors, infused US$ 2,000 million to set up a new manufacturing plant in Malaysia. The establishment is anticipated to become the first facility in Southeast Asia, supporting the production of high-end PCBs and IC substrates and creating almost 5000 employment opportunities in the region by 2024.
- In February 2020, Panasonic had planned to launch some new connected home appliances for Indian and Japanese markets. The first in the line of connected appliances will be air-conditioners whereby Panasonic will turn its entire inverter range of models as internet-enabled.
Request For Sample Report @
Increased Regulations of Regulatory Bodies and Governments to Increase the Quality of products Led to the Growth of the Multilayer Printed Circuits Market
- The Institute for Printed Circuits, provides standards for PCB manufacturing at every stage of the printed circuit board production process. Three different classes indicate the quality of the printed circuit board, with Class 1 being the lowest quality and Class 3 being the highest quality.
- USA government requires all manufacturers, exporters, and brokers of defense services or technical data to be International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) compliant. Printed circuit boards fall under Item 14—Category II of the United States Munitions List. When the manufacturer manufactures ITAR-compliant printed circuit board, all the information provided must be handled in a manner that allows for the prevention of access by any unknown or unauthorized source. The product also cannot be available for review or acquisition by any unapproved party.
For more information on the research report, refer to below link:
Read Also –
Follow Us –
Contact Us: –
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications