The Global Automotive LiDAR market is segmented by geography into North America, Europe, Asia- pacific and LAMEA. Europe accounted for the largest share of the market, region-wise, in 2022.
The leading position of Europe in the automotive LiDAR market stems from its inclination towards autonomous driving. While many countries in the region are aggressively testing the feasibility of large-scale adoption of autonomous vehicles, the EU wants to legalize the LiDAR-based ADAS applications across the continent.
The rising awareness towards optimized driving and reduced carbon emissions is also driving growth in autonomous driving, resulting in enhanced LiDAR sales.
To Know More about this report, download a Free Sample Report
Global Automotive Lidar Market by vehicle type
The Global Automotive LiDAR market is segmented by Vehicle type into IC Engine Vehicle, Hybrid Electric Vehicle, Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle and Battery Electric Vehicle. IC Engine vehicles accounted for the largest segment of the market in 2022.
Although the EV segment is increasing at a considerable pace, the automotive market is still largely dominated by ICE vehicles. A Bloomberg NEF study projects that electric vehicles will account for one-tenth of global passenger car sales by 2025 and will subsequently increase to 28% in 2030 and 58% by 2040.
Growth in the EV market is expected to translate into the growth in demand for automotive LIDARs in the HEV, PHEV, and BEV segments.
Competition Scenario in Global Automotive Lidar Market
The Global Automotive LiDAR market has ~150 players, including globally diversified players, regional players, and country-niche players having expertise in addressing the exact needs for country-specific regulations. Most of the country-niche players are component suppliers to global and regional players or their assembling partners.
Large global players constitute ~10% of the market in terms of the number of competitors, while regional players hold the largest share. Some of the major players in the market include Continental AG, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Infineon Technologies AG, Velodyne LiDAR, LeddarTech, First Sensor AG, Quanergy Systems, Innoviz Technologies, Robert Bosch GMBH, Valeo, etc.
What is the Expected Future Outlook for the Overall Global AUTOMOTIVE LIDAR Market Across the globe?
The Global Automotive LiDAR market was valued at USD ~billion in 2022 and is anticipated to reach USD ~billion by the end of 2028F, witnessing a CAGR of ~% during the forecast period 2022-2028F. The realistic growth scenario represents the most likely scenario as per current market conditions. This scenario assumes that there will be no overall impact on the market due to any potential COVID-19 waves in the future.
The Global Automotive LiDAR market is driven by the consistent rise in the adoption of semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles, increasing awareness to vehicle safety regulations and the growing presence of ADAS or Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. However, the market is also constantly being influenced by rapid development in technology, product innovation, and diversification in some countries.
With the increasing acquisition and emergence of new products, the Global Automotive LiDAR market is changing rapidly. For instance, according to news published in September 2022, Continental AG is in the process of creating a high-performance, long-range LiDAR that will meet the needs of passenger cars and commercial vehicles. The product has been named HRL 131. According to reports, the product will go for mass production in 2024 and will be capable of covering a range of more than 300 meters for vehicles.
In January 2022, LiDAR launched a new sensor suite that included a sophisticated LIDAR option, offering a third sensor for gauging the environment in more detail, compared to cameras and radars.
Furthermore, the adoption of autonomous/ semi-autonomous vehicles could be across a variety of areas/industries, including general transport, such as trucking fleets, taxi services etc. There are several benefits for these application areas/industries to adopt autonomous vehicles. These vehicles can guarantee safety in some of the most challenging/hazardous work areas, save labor costs and time, and reduce carbon emissions by a significant margin, ensuring optimized driving. Growth in the adoption of these types of vehicles would boost the LiDAR Market notably.
The Global Automotive LiDAR market is expected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period. Multiple factors will drive growth in this segment, including a consistent rise in the adoption of semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles backed by supportive government regulations/policies, superior detection capabilities and technological advancements achieved by the automotive LIDAR segment players, increasing awareness towards vehicle safety regulations, and the growing presence of ADAS or Advanced Driver Assistance Systems.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Snapshot of the Global Automotive LiDAR Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of the Global Automotive
- Historic Growth of the Overall Global Automotive LiDAR Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of the Global Automotive LiDAR Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings, and Strengths & Weaknesses of Key Competitors
- COVID-19 Impact on the Overall Global Automotive LiDAR Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total Global Automotive LiDAR Market and by Segments
- Market Size of Application Segments with Historical CAGR and Future Forecasts
- Analysis of the Global Automotive LiDAR Market
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs within Each Region
- Major Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Region
Notable Key Players Mentioned in the Report
- Continental AG
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Velodyne LIDAR
- First Sensor AG
- Quanergy Systems
- Innoviz Technologies
- Robert Bosch GMBH
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Luminar Technologies
Visit This link Request for Custom Report
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Automotive LiDAR Manufacturers
- Component Suppliers for LiDAR
- Autonomous Vehicle Manufacturers
- Vehicle Manufacturers
- Electric Vehicle Manufacturers
- Mobility-tech startups
- Mobility-Tech/ Travel/ Transport Industry Investors/ VC Funds
- Government Transportation Agencies
- Vehicle Safety Authorities/ Research Organizations
- Automotive Electronics Manufacturers
- Semiconductor IP Suppliers
- Semiconductor Chip Manufacturers
- SoC and Hardware Suppliers
- Auto Component Manufacturers
- Government & Regulatory Authorities of Automotive Industry
- Automotive Research institutes
- PCB Designers and Manufacturers
- Investors in Automotive Industry
- Software Developers & EV Component Manufacturers
- Start-ups & Incumbents in Automotive Electronics
- Automotive Testing & Inspection Companies
- Company Research and Development Institutes
- Market Research & Consulting Firms
- Banking and Financial Service Providers
Time Period Captured in the Report
- Historical Period: 2017-2021
- Forecast Period: 2022E-2028F
For more insights on the market intelligence, refer to the link below:-
Automotive LiDAR Market Segment