Global Commercial Seaweed Market By Geography
The Global Commercial Seaweed market is segmented by geography into North America, Europe, Asia- pacific and LAMEA.
Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest market share among all regions within the total Global Commercial Seaweed Market in 2022.
The growth is primarily due to the increased adoption of commercial seaweed in traditional cuisines in countries like China Indonesia, Japan and more that will help seaweed to improve its global demand over the past year. In July 2022, the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) selected 342 farming sites that are suitable for the cultivation of seaweed in India with a production potential of more than 9.7 million tones (wet weight) per year.
Competition Scenario In Global Commercial Seaweed Market
The global commercial seaweed market is highly competitive with ~300 players, which include globally diversified players, regional players as well as a large number of country-niche players each with their niche in commercial seaweed product manufacturers. Large global players constitute ~10% of competitors, while country-niche players represent ~60% of competitors and regional players represent ~30% of Competitors. Some of the major players in the market include Cargill Inc., DuPont, Roullier Group, Biostadt India Limited, Seasol, Leili Group, Gelymar SA, BrandT Consolidated, Inc., FMC Corporation, CP Kelco, and among others.
To Know More about this report, download a Free Sample Report
What is the Expected Future Outlook For The Overall Global Commercial Seaweed Market Across The globe?
The Global Commercial Seaweed market was valued at USD ~billion in 2022 and is anticipated to reach USD ~25 billion by the end of 2028, witnessing a CAGR of ~% during the forecast period 2022-2028. The realistic growth scenario represents the most likely scenario as per current market conditions. This scenario assumes that there will be no overall impact on the market due to any potential COVID-19 waves in the future.
The Global Commercial Seaweed market is driven by adoption of commercial seaweed in the food and beverage industry. However, the market is also constantly being influenced by rapid development in technology, product innovation, and diversification in some countries.
With the increasing collaboration and emergence of new products, the Global Commercial Seaweed market is changing rapidly. For instance, In June 2022, FMC Corporation launched a new product called “Seamac Rhizo Biostimulant” which is a mixture of amino acids, nutrients, and seaweed that is designed for decreasing the abiotic stress in the crops. Abiotic stress means negative effects on plants due to drought, salinity, and low or high temperature in the area.
In February 2020, Cargill Incorporated launched a new product in its WavePure series called WavePure ADG, which is obtained from red seaweed without any chemical processes. The new product is well suited for dairy desserts and acts as an alternative for food thickeners.
The Global Commercial Seaweed Market is forecasted to grow significantly with a CAGR of ~9% during the forecast period primarily driven by the adoption of commercial seaweed in food and beverage due to its high nutrient value. Though the market is highly competitive with ~ 300 participants, country-niche players hold a significant share of ~60% followed by regional players at ~30% by number of competitors by type. Asia-Pacific is the dominant region, owing to the increased usage of seaweed in traditional cuisines.
Visit This link Request for Custom Report
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Snapshot of the Global Commercial Seaweed Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of the Global Commercial Seaweed Market
- Historic Growth of the Overall Global Commercial Seaweed Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of the Global Commercial Seaweed Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings, and Strength & Weakness
- COVID-19 Impact on the Overall Global Commercial Seaweed Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total Global Commercial Seaweed Market and by Segments
- Market Size of Application Segments with Historical CAGR and Future Forecasts
- Analysis of the Global Commercial Seaweed Market
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs within Each Major Country
- Major Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Region
Notable Key Players Mentioned in the Report
- Cargill Inc.
- Roullier Group
- Biostadt India Limited
- Leili Group
- Gelymar SA
- BrandT Consolidated, Inc.
- FMC Corporation
- CP Kelco.
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Sway Innovation Co
- Symbrosia Inc.
- Blue Ocean Barns
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Commercial Seaweed Companies
- Commercial Seaweed Product Manufacturers
- Suppliers of Seaweed Production Equipment
- Fishing Equipment Providers
- Marine Equipment Providers
- Government Ministries of Fisheries
- Government Ministries of Ports, Shipping and Waterways
- Commercial Seaweed Industry Association
- Seaweed Processing Companies
- Venture Capitalists Targeting Commercial Seaweed Industry
- PE Firms Targeting Commercial Seaweed Industry
- Financial Institutions Targeting Commercial Seaweed Industry
Time Period Captured in the Report
- Historical Period: 2017-202
- Forecast Period: 2022E-2028F
For more insights on the market intelligence, refer to the link below:-
Global Commercial Seaweed Market