According to Ken Research Analysis, the Global Dental Consumables Market is expected to record a positive CAGR of ~ 7% during the forecast period (2022-2028) and is expected to reach ~ US$ 45 billion by 2028, owing to several factors including the increasing prevalence of dental problems or untreated tooth decay coupled with the rising geriatric population, growing demand for cosmetic dentistry, and rising dental tourism.
For more information, request a free sample
Key Growth Drivers
- The rising incidence of tooth decay or dental caries, and other dental problems such as mouth sores, tooth erosion, gum diseases, and others along with increasing awareness regarding oral health among people globally are expected to drive the growth of the dental consumables market. In December 2020, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one in four adults which makes 26% of the adult population in the U.S. have untreated tooth decay.
- The advancement in technologies in cosmetic dentistry is likely to create immense opportunities for the growth of the dental consumables market in the forthcoming years. In December 2021, Dentsply Sirona partnered with 3Shape to improve oral health and digital dentistry. Dentsply Sirona integrated their intraoral Primescan and Omnicam scanners with 3Shape’s lab software to improve the process of digital impression. The aim of the partnership is to make digital-impression-taking procedures easy and efficient for dental technicians.
- The limited reimbursements and high cost associated with dental procedures is the most significant barrier to the growth of the dental consumables industry globally. According to Bankers Healthcare Group survey, 72% licensed dentist stated that declining reimbursement rates is the major concern in the dental industry.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, the disrupted supply chain has affected the production capacity, demand, and supply of dental consumables and the demand for non-essential procedures including cosmetic dentistry and other dental procedures decreased among consumers. According to National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), dental offices faced significant losses of over 70% during the COVID-19 pandemic. According to British Dental Association, the studies shown that 70% of clinics are having hard time in surviving and maintaining their dental business.
Key Trends by Market Segment:-
By Treatment: Prosthodontic segment held the largest share of the global dental consumables market in 2021, due to increasing demand for dental procedures for missing or damaged teeth coupled with a rapidly growing geriatric population who are more vulnerable to oral diseases.
- According to the American College of Prosthodontists, 120 million people have at least one missing tooth in the U.S. and 36 million Americans have no teeth at all.
For more information, request a free sample
By Product Type: Dental Implants segment held the largest share of the global dental consumables market in 2021, due to the rising demand for dental implants among the growing geriatric population coupled with the increasing number of product launches by the manufacturers to fulfill the demand of the end-user.
- In June 2021, ZimVie Inc. announced the launch of two next-generation dental solutions including T3 PRO Tapered Implant and Encode Emergence Healing Abutment in the U.S. The aim of the product launch is to expand its product portfolio as T3 PRO Tapered Implant is the new addition and is designed to optimize aesthetics and restorative care.
By Materials: The Metals segment accounted for the majority share of the global dental consumables market in 2021, due to growing demand for metals such as zirconium oxide, titanium, and others for making dental implants along with growing demand for the strong material for providing the support to the replaced tooth.
- In April 2022, Neodent, a Brazil-based dental implant company launched a new dental implant system in March named Zi, made from zirconia known for its aesthetics and strength.
By End-User: Dental Hospitals & Clinics segment accounted for the largest share in 2021 of the global dental consumables market owing to the rising cases of dental surgeries and procedures globally along with the adoption of advanced technologies by dental hospitals and clinics to offer easy and efficient services to the patients. In addition, the development of new platforms for providing a wide variety of dental consumables to hospitals, clinics, or dentists is anticipated to propel the growth of the market.
- In October 2020, Medikabazaar, India’s online platform for B2B medical equipment and supplies, announced to launch of a dental microsite. The microsite launch aims to target dentists and dental clinics and to offer dental solutions under one platform.
Visit this Link Request for custom report
By Geography: The North America region accounted for the largest share in 2021 of the global dental consumables market due to the presence of a large number of dental consumables manufacturers in the region along with the rising incidence of dental diseases among North American consumers. In addition, there are various strategic initiatives taken by the leading manufacturers to tackle the competition and prosper in the market.
- In February 2020, Seattle/King County Clinic provided free dental, vision, and medical care services in the U.S. for four days. The company collaborated with healthcare organizations, non-profits, and private businesses to offer access to healthcare.
Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region in the global dental consumables market owing to its swiftly rising population along with an increasing number of dental disorders among people. In addition, Asia-Pacific is the hotspot for cosmetic dentistry and is attracting a large number of consumers as offers low-cost dental treatments in comparison to other developed countries. The aforementioned factor is increasing the growth of dental tourism in the region.
The dental consumables market is highly competitive with ~400 players that include globally diversified players, regional players as well as a large number of country-niche players having their niche in dental consumables.
Large global players control over 35% of the market share in terms of market revenue share, while regional players hold the second largest share. Some of the major players in the market include Dentsply Sirona, Zimmer Biomet, 3M, Young Innovations Inc., Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co., LLC., GC Corporation, Danaher, Henry Schein, Inc., Ultradent Products Inc., Institut Straumann AG, Ivoclar Vivadent, and among others.
The leading global dental consumables companies such as Dentsply Sirona, 3M, Ivoclar Vivadent, are highly focused on providing a broad category of dental consumables products for various end-users.
Recent Developments Related to Major Players
- In February 2022, Zimmer Biomet launched OverdenSURE, a new overdenture attachment system for Zimmer Biomet dental implants in the U.S. and Europe. The portfolio offers restorative components, abutments, and tooling products.
- In February 2022, Young Innovations, Inc. announced the acquisition of Medical Purchasing Solutions (MPS), a leading supplier of surgical and pharmaceutical products. The company aimed to offer dental consumable products to fulfill the growing need for oral pain management, dental implants, and oral surgery.
The global dental consumables market is forecasted to continue a significant growth that is witnessed since 2017, primarily driven by the rising demand for dental consumables among dentists to diagnose, prevent, and treat any oral health issues along with the increasing incidence of tooth decay or dental caries globally. Though the market is highly competitive with over 400 participants, few global players control the dominant market share and regional players also hold a significant market share.
Note: This is an upcoming/planned report, so the figures quoted here for a market size estimate, forecast, growth, segment share, and competitive landscape are based on initial findings and might vary slightly in the actual report. Also, any required customizations can be covered to the best feasible extent for Pre-booking clients and report delivered within a maximum of 2 working weeks.
Ken Research has recently published report titled, Global Dental Consumables Market Size, Segments, Outlook, and Revenue Forecast 2022-2028, market is segmented by treatment, product type, materials, and end-user. In addition, the report also covers market size and forecasts for the four region’s dental consumables market. The revenue used to size and forecast the market for each segment is US$ billion.
By Product Type
- Dental Implants
- Whitening Products
- Finishing & Polishing Products
- Other Dental Consumables
- Dental Hospitals & Clinics
- Dental Laboratories
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- AustraliaRest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East