The US Bio-stimulants market has witnessed tremendous growth in the last few years and is all set to grow significantly between 2022 and 2029. The primary growth drivers of the market are increasing demand for sustainable agriculture, an upsurge in the demand for seaweed as a raw material, high agriculture production worldwide, and others.
- The demand for bio-stimulants in the market decreased by 22% due to the disruption of the supply chain in 2020.
- The country has a total consumption volume of 5.5 thousand metric tons of bio-stimulates which is one of the highest in the country.
- 84% of American adults believe that environmental sustainability is the need of the hour for agriculturists.
According to Ken Research, The Bio-stimulants market is growing at a significant growth rate in America as its helping agriculturalists match the growing demand for natural ingredients from consumers. The market is highly supported by the administration and has proven very beneficial for the farmers. The US Bio-stimulates market is the second biggest market North American bio-stimulates industry with a market share of 49%. The growth of Bio-stimulants is attracting huge investments in the agriculture sector.
1. Influence of COVID-19 on the US Bio-stimulants Market
Download a Sample Report of US Biostimulants Market Growth
- The pandemic affected adversely the overall growth of the US Bio-stimulants market as the industry faced a shutdown of manufacturing facilities and restrictions on transportation and logistics. Additionally, the demand for bio-stimulants in the market decreased by 22% due to the disruption of the supply chain in 2020.
- During the Pandemic demand for healthy and organic food items grew significantly as the consumer’s interest shifted towards non-chemical food items. This sudden shift assisted the US bio-stimulants market to grow by 34% post-pandemic in 2021.
- The role of government was also crucial during the pandemic for the US Bio stimulants market. The government promoted the uses and consumption of Bio-Stimulants by different means. The government supported the industry both financially and technically by providing them with the necessary
2. Current Scenario of the US Bio-stimulants Market
- The US Bio-stimulants Market is dominating the global Bio-stimulants market and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 13% between 2022-2029.
- Among all the crop types bio-stimulants have the most impact on row crops. Row crops incorporate crops such as corn, rice, wheat, barley, and soybean leading the bio-stimulants market by covering 37% of the market.
- On the contrary, horticultural crops are the fastest-growing crop type in the bio-stimulants market. The country has a total consumption volume of 5.5 thousand metric tons of bio-stimulates which is one of the highest in the world.
3. Growth drivers of the US Bio-stimulants Market
Download a Custom report of US Biostimulants Market Analysis
The market is influenced by various factors affecting the market. Some of the major growth drivers of the market are sustainable agriculture, an upsurge in the demand for seaweed as raw material, high agriculture production worldwide, and others
- Sustainable agriculture is one of the major reasons behind the growing demand for organic and chemical-free food among customers. 84% of American adults believe that environmental sustainability is the need of the hour for agriculturists. Bio-stimulants help farmers approach the sustainable way as they help in high crop productivity and soil fertility maintenance.
- Growing demand for seaweeds in farming to enhance the crop’s productivity to improve the quality of the soil is another variable influencing the market for bio-stimulants. Bio-stimulants consist of different seaweed extracts as it is used in modern agriculture for getting better results from soils and plants.
- Seaweed farming is the fastest-growing aquaculture in America. Farmers in Alaska alone grew about 11000 pounds of sugar, ribbon, and bull kelp in the year 2019.
4. Major Players of the US Bio-stimulants Market
Some of the major players in the US Bio-stimulants market are BioLine Corporation, Corteva Agriscience, Hello Nature USA Inc, Humic Growth Solutions, Valagro USA, BASF SE, UPL, Gowan Group, The Mosaic Company, ILSA S.p.A, Hafia Group, Rallis India Limited, UPL Australia, and FMC Corporation.
- Recently, Plant Response Inc., an MNC fertilizer manufacturer, was acquired by The Mosaic Company, one of the market leaders. This acquisition aided the global business expansion of the Mosaic corporation. Additionally, this acquisition gave the business the ability to offer consumers sustainable products and solutions.
- About GOActiv Technology, UPL Australia launched a new set of stimulant arrangements in June 2021. The method is entirely focused on encouraging natural products, vegetables, plants, and tree crops to respond to certain physiological or abiotic stimuli. This method is entirely dependent on an ocean growth concentration that is 100 per cent pure.
In conclusion, the US bio-stimulants market has illustrated exceptional development prospects, balanced for a significant CAGR of 13% between 2022 and 2029. This climb is moved by numerous components including an increased demand for sustainable agriculture, the surge in seaweed utilization as a crucial raw material, strong global agricultural production, and more. The COVID-19 widespread at first posed challenges through disturbances to supply chains, however, the market bounced back with a 34% development in 2021 due to increased requests for natural food. The back from the government and the market’s significant part in advancing eco-friendly farming practices played a critical part in this resurgence. With a dominating impact on push crops and a burgeoning centre on horticultural crops, the US bio-stimulants showcase remains a significant player in forming the agricultural landscape.