Specialty silica is manufactured in the form of round pebbles or fine powders and is further used as key additives in the formulation of several products for various end-use industries such as automotive, electronics, inks, coatings, and personal care products. Silica is a compound of silicon and oxygen (SiO2), two of the most common elements in the earth’s crust. Silicon dioxide occurs naturally as agate, sand, quartz, cristobalite, and flint. It is one of the major constituents of dental porcelain, and in granular form serves as a dental abrasive and polishing agent.
According to Ken Research Analysis, the Global Specialty Silica Market was valued at ~US$ 4 billion in 2017. It is estimated to be ~US$ 6 billion in 2022 and is forecasted to reach a market size of ~US$ 9 billion, growing at a CAGR of ~7% owing to the rising demand for rubber and paints & coatings across different end-use industries such as construction and footwear industries.
- Specialty silica is widely utilized in the production of rubbers used in various industries such as footwear, automobile tires, and others. Increasing tire production in the automotive industry is one of the factors driving the growth of the specialty silica market. Global automobile production is increasing in several developed countries, increasing the demand for tire consumption.
- The exponential increase in electric vehicle manufacturing presents lucrative opportunities for the tire industry, which is having a positive impact on the specialty silica market. In 2021, total electric vehicle sales reached 7.8 million units, double the figure from 2020.
- The biggest challenge for the market is the high cost of colloidal silica and the growing preference of end users for lower-cost alternatives. Specialty silica showcases a cyclical behavior, with the market shifting focus to other substitutes that are much lower in price as compared to silica. It will impact player profit margins in the years to come.
- The market was negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, owing to the strict regulations in several countries that temporarily halted all types of manufacturing processes. The global pandemic affected the production of rubber due to a complete ban on imports-exports that disrupted the supply chain, work stoppages, and labor shortages, thereby hampering the growth of the market. The prices have been severely hit due to COVID-19-induced trade restrictions. Specialty silica, being one of the key materials in rubber production, simultaneously experienced a dip in prices. The automotive industry is the key end-user industry of synthetic silica that faced reduced sales due to the pandemic. However, the market is expected to exhibit significant growth in the forecast period due to surging demand for specialty silica in the paint & coatings and automobile industries.
Scope of the Report: The specialty silica market is segmented by product, application, and region. In addition, the report also covers the market size for each of the four regions’ specialty silica market. The revenue used to size and forecast the market for each segment is US$ billion.
Request For Free Sample Report @https://www.kenresearch.com/sample-report.php?Frmdetails=NTk2MDk5
Key Trends by Market Segment
By Product: The precipitated silica segment held the largest market share in the global specialty silica market in 2021, owing to its wide application in PVC sheets, wherein it helps in improving pigment dispersion and tensile strength.
- Precipitated silica is the most commonly used specialty silica in the rubber industry. The product acts as a reinforcing agent and improves wear and tear resistance.
- Fused silica is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Fused silica products are used in the manufacture of optical components such as mirrors, UV and IR transmitting optics, lenses and metrology.
By Application: The rubber segment held the largest market share in the global specialty silica market in 2021, as rubber made of silica material is widely utilized in different end-use industries such as automotive, footwear, and others.
- In industrial rubber goods, specialty silica is commonly used in Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) and High-Temperature Vulcanized (HTV) rubber, which requires high mechanical strength and good electrical insulation.
- Paint & Coatings is expected to grow with the highest CAGR during the forecast period as it is widely used as a low-cost extender and is preferred for its chemical inertness tends to improve the viscosity of paints and coatings.
By Region: Asia Pacificheld the largest market share among all other regions within the global specialty silica market in 2021, owing to the rising construction activities in China and Japan .
- According to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), Asia Pacific is the largest producer of motor vehicles. The growing automotive industry, is the factor responsible for the largest share of the region.
- The Japanese construction industry is predicted to boom as the country prepares to host the World Expo in Osaka, Japan, in 2025. The demand for constructing various buildings and infrastructure for the event will boost the market for specialty silica in the region.
The Global Specialty Silica Market is highly competitive with ~200 players, including globally diversified players, regional players, and many country-niche players. Most of the country-niche players are the manufacturers of specialty silica used in various end-user industries.
Regional players constitute ~35% of the total number of competitors, while country-niche players dominate representing ~55% of total competitors. Some of the major players in the market include Cabot Corporation, Akzo Nobel N.V., Evonik Industries, Huber Engineered Materials, Solvay, PQ, Madhu Silica Pvt. Ltd., Wacker Chemie AG, PPG Industries, Inc., W. R. Grace & Co., among others.
Recent Developments Related to Major Players and Organizations
- In November 2021, Nouryon announced the expansion of its Levasil colloidal silica manufacturing plant in USA. The plant expansion is aimed to meet the increasing demand from the packaging and construction industry.
- In October 2021, Evonik Wynca Silicon Material started its fumed silica plant, which is the company’s first fumed silica plant in China. It aims at positioning the company by building a global supply chain for its customers in China and overall Asia.
The Global Specialty Silica Market witnessed a negative impact due to COVID-19 owing to the strict regulations in several countries that temporarily halted all types of manufacturing processes. The global pandemic affected the production of rubber due to a complete ban on imports-exports that disrupted the supply chain, work stoppages, and labor shortages, thereby hampering the growth of the market. Precipitated silica is the most common type of specialty silica product among others such as fumed silica, fused silica, silica gel, and colloidal silica. The majority of the silica material is used in the manufacturing of rubbers that are further utilized in various end-use industries such as electrical and electronics, automotive, footwear, and others. Though the market is competitive with over ~200 participants, country-niche players control the dominant share in the market and regional players also hold a significant share.
Request For Free Sample Report @https://www.kenresearch.com/sample-report.php?Frmdetails=NTk2MDk5
Note: This is an On-Demand/Planned report, so the figures quoted here for market size estimate, forecast, growth, segment share, and competitive landscape are based on initial findings and might vary slightly in the actual report. Also, any required customizations can be covered to the best feasible extent for Pre-booking clients and report delivered within a maximum of 2 working weeks.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Snapshot of Global Specialty Silica Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of the Global Specialty Silica Market
- Historic Growth of Overall Global Specialty Silica Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of Global Specialty Silica Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings, Strengths, & Weaknesses of Key Competitors
- Covid-19 Impact on the Overall Global Specialty Silica Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total Global Specialty Silica Market and Segments
- Analysis of Global Specialty Silica Market
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs within Each Region
- Major Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Region
Notable Key Players Mentioned in the Report
- Cabot Corporation
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Evonik Industries
- Huber Engineered Materials
- PQ Corporation
- Madhu Silica Pvt. Ltd.
- Wacker Chemie AG
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- W. R. Grace & Co.
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Ultra HPQ
- Ashtamers Pvt.Ltd.
- Qingdao Hengze Silica Gel Products Co.,Ltd
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Specialty Silica Manufacturers
- Specialty Silica Suppliers
- Precipitated Silica Suppliers
- Fumed Silica Suppliers
- Fused Silica Suppliers
- Silica Gel Suppliers
- Colloidal Silica Suppliers
- Specialty Silica Distributors
- Emerging and Startup Companies in Specialty Silica
- Different Types of Specialty Silica Research Labs
- Government Ministries and Departments of Minerals
- Government Departments of Electronics
- Ministries and Departments of Paint & Coatings
- Importers and Distributors of Specialty Silica
Period Captured in the Report
- Historical Period: 2017-2021
- Forecast Period: 2022E-2028F
For More Information on the Research Report, refer to below links: –