The publication titled “Malaysia Electric Two-Wheeler Market Outlook to 2026: Driven by increase in awareness about alternative fuel, advancements in battery technology, and growing demand of two-wheelers in B2B Services” provides a comprehensive analysis of the electric two-wheeler vehicle industry by analyzing historical statistics and corresponding developments in the electric vehicles market. The market growth declined during COVID as manufacturing activities were on halt and the supply chain got disrupted. Given the consolidated structure in the electric vehicle industry, analysts have elaborated on competitive landscape of major electric 2-wheelers players on the basis of models launched, product prices, technology type and other operational parameters. The report also covers a snapshot on player’s business model, value chain analysis, growth drivers, Porters 5 forces analysis, impact of COVID-19 and factors governing the future outlook of industry. The report also provides comprehensive insight on the market size and segmentation of the electric two-wheelers industry. The report focuses on Electric two-wheeler Vehicle Market segmentation by Type of Electric two-wheeler Vehicle, Type of Battery Capacity, Type of Battery Technology, Type of Voltage used, and Type of Battery used. The report highlights the pain points of the electric vehicles industry along with detailed company profiles of major electric 2-wheeler brands. The report concludes with projections for future industry market size, market segmentations and analyst take on future market scenario.
Malaysia Electric Two Wheeler Market Overview:
Electric Two Wheeler Market in Malaysia recorded a positive CAGR on the basis of revenue generated in between 2016 and 2021. The Malaysian market is primarily driven by the anticipated government initiatives in the coming years along with the need to curb vehicular emissions. The electric two-wheeler market size in Malaysia is primarily driven by a variety of goods, such as e-scooters and e-motorcycles. The electric two-wheeler set-up appears a lot more promising, in the form of research, financial acquisitions & investments, that makes the electric vehicle segment thrilling. Electric two-wheelers, by its swiftness and dexterity, easy operability and maintainability, affordability and low pollution, are most welcome among different categories of users. Mostly the customer segment that wants this change in pace includes city dwellers, short distance commuters, frequent road drivers and users of special needs. Besides personal use, electric two-wheelers also increasingly find their place in public service, such as urban sanitation, domestic and short distance patrolling, in delivery service, etc. As fuel prices climb, consumers prefer to switch to battery-powered electric bikes and scooters. There is a growing demand of two-wheelers in B2B services such as scooter sharing, hailing, and last mile transportation.
By Type of Electric two-wheeler (e-scooter and e-motorcycle): E-Motorcycle dominated the Electric two-wheeler market in Malaysia in 2021. The rise of taxi and delivery services created demand for e-motorcycle.
By Type of E2V Battery Capacity (<25Ah and >25Ah): In 2021, Electric 2-Wheelers using a battery capacity of <25Ah dominated the market. In order to get a speed of at least 50kmph, as per the government rules, a battery capacity of more than 50Ah will be required on going way forward.
By Type of E2V Battery Technology (Removable Battery and Non Removable Battery): Non Removable Battery dominated the Electric two-wheeler market in Malaysia in 2021. The chassis of EVs with fixed battery packs are relatively simple, and are easy to manufacture.
By Type of E2V Voltage Type (24V, 36V, 48V, 60V, 72V): Electric 2-Wheelers using a voltage of 48V dominated the Electric 2-Wheeler market in Malaysia. A battery of voltage 48V lasts between 3 and 5 years if it is well maintained.
By Type of E2V Battery Type (Lead Acid and Lithium Ion): Improved discharge and charging efficiency coupled with longer life span contributed in enhancing the demand of lithium-ion batteries compared to lead acid batteries. Although, lithium-ion batteries are much more expensive that its counterpart but their maintenance free feature will match their higher price tag, which will be preferable to consumers.
Malaysia’s Electric two-wheeler Vehicle Industry is consolidated with presence of limited players for 2-wheelers. These players compete with each other on the basis of products offered, product quality, value added services, product pricing, its features, battery technology type, battery capacity, battery type, voltage type etc. Companies like Eclimo has adopted a B2B model, where they rent/sell their electric 2-wheelers to corporates such as KFC. Companies like Eclimo and KuroEV provide electric two wheelers rental services for a monthly or yearly subscription in Malaysia.
Malaysia Electric Two Wheeler Vehicle Industry Future Outlook and Projections
Electric two-wheeler industry in Malaysia is estimated to expand in between 2021 and 2026E. Increasing demand of two-wheelers in B2B services such as scooter sharing, hailing, last mile transportation and delivery services will contribute to the growth of EV two-wheeler industry in Malaysia. One of the major determinant for the surging growth in coming years is attributed to the government initiatives and policies supporting the EV industry such as exemption of import duty, excise and sales tax for CBU and CKD electric vehicles till 2023 and 2025 respectively. Coupled with that, income tax exemption for individuals up to RM 2,500 on the cost of installation, rent, hire or purchase for electric vehicle charging facilities will serve as a catalyst for the growth of the industry. Increasing awareness on environmental impacts and consumer’s consciousness towards limiting carbon footprint will also contribute in increasing the business potential of EV players. The increasing government efforts in electrification of two-wheelers coupled with efforts towards making Malaysia the regional hub of energy efficient vehicles is expected to drive the growth of the two-wheeler market in the next five years.
Key Segments Covered in Malaysia Electric Two Wheeler Vehicles Industry
- By Type of Electric 2-wheelers
- Electric scooter
- Electric motorcycle
- By Type of Battery Capacity for electric 2 wheelers
- By Battery Technology Type for electric 2 wheelers
- Removable batteries
- Non-removable batteries
- By Voltage Type for electric 2 wheelers
- By Battery Type for electric 2 wheelers
- Sealed Lead Acid
Request for Free Sample Report @ https://www.kenresearch.com/sample-report.php?Frmdetails=NTg0MjY0
Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period: 2016-2021
- Forecast Period: 2022F-2026F
Malaysia Electric Two-Wheeler Vehicles Industry Players
- Electric 2 wheelers
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Ecosystem of Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry
- Value Chain Analysis of Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry
- Business Models of Major Entities in the Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry
- Customer Preferences and Buying Decision Behavior in Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry
- Market Size of Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry by Transaction Value and Sales Volume
- Market Potential of Malaysia Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Market
- Market Segmentation of Electric two-wheeler Industry by type of electric 2 wheelers, type of battery capacity, type of battery technology, type of voltage, and by battery type
- Competitive Scenario of the Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry
- Issues and Challenges in Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Market
- Trends and Developments in the Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis of the Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry
- Growth Drivers of Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry
- Challenges and Restraints in the Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry
- Government Rules and Regulations in the Electric Vehicles two-wheeler Industry
- Impact of Covid-19 and Government Regulations on Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry
- Future Market Size of Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry by Transaction Value and Sales Volume
- Future Market Segmentation of Electric two-wheeler Vehicles Industry by type of electric 2 wheelers, type of battery capacity, type of battery technology, type of voltage, by battery type
- Industry Speaks
- Analyst Recommendations
- Research Methodology
Malaysia Automotive Lubricant Market Outlook To 2025- Driven By Growing Adoption Of High-Performance Lubricants, Increasing Vehicles On Road Coupled With The Availability Of Products On E-Commerce Platforms
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications