Global Players Dominate the Market Holding the Majority Revenue Share Despite Presence of ~200 Competitors Comprising a Large Number of Country-Niche Players, finds a recent market study on Global Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Market by Ken Research
A Chipless RFID is a form of RFID tag that transmits data using radiofrequency (RF) radiation. A Chipless RFID tag does not contain an application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC), hence the reader performs all signal processing to read the tag. It uses conductive polymers or plastic as an alternative to integrated circuits made from silicon.
Chipless Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is used for access controls, automatic identifications, security and surveillance, tracking, database management, logistics, and inventory control in various industries like retail, healthcare, logistics, and transport among others.
Ken Research shares 3 key insights on the competitive landscape of this US$ 6 Bn market from its latest research study.
- Major Global Players that constitute about 10% of the Total Number of Competitors Hold the Largest Revenue Share While Regional Players also have a Strong Presence
A comprehensive competitive analysis conducted during the Research Study found that the Global Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Market is highly competitive with ~200 players which include globally diversified players, regional players as well as country-niche players having their niche in Chipless RFID for various end-user industries. Most of the country-niche players are local manufacturers of low-frequency chipless RFID manufactures and component manufacturers.
Zebra Technologies Corporation, Avery Dennison Corporation, and Alien Technology are among the leading players in the Global Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Market.
The large global players comprise about ~10% in terms of the number of companies and hold the major revenue share while the country niche players account for ~60% of the total number of companies.
- Leading Global Players Focus on Extensive R&D and Product Development to Cater to a Wider End-user Audience
Detailed comparative analysis of key competitors available within the Research Study shows that global players such as Zebra Technologies Corporation, Honeywell International Inc, and Avery Dennison Corporation highly focus on advancing their existing RFID technology to inculcate high efficiency and robustness in their products that can be used in multiple end-user industries like retail, logistic and transport, healthcare, BFSI among others. Several other global companies and organizations are aggressively investing in expanding their presence further in the global space due to the highly fragmented market scenario.
- In June 2020, Zebra Technologies Corporation, a provider of innovative digital solutions, hardware, and software, collaborated with South Carolina State University to offer enterprise-class insights into the supply chain for the local, small farmer. The Zebra RAIN RFID technology is integrated into each step of the supply chain, helping farmers and their distributors track key food safety metrics.
- In December 2020, Avery Dennison, a designer, and manufacturer of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials collaborated with Schreiner MediPharm and PragmatIC Semiconductor, to leverage NFC technology to extend smart packaging to the unit level for everyday pharma to significantly improve patient safety and experiences. Such developments accelerate the deployment of RFID-based digital solutions in the healthcare sector.
- Despite the Disruption in Supply Chain during the COVID Pandemic, the RFID Manufacturers are Increasing Their Production Capacity as a Sustainable Strategic Initiative.
The outbreak of the COVID-19 virus led to disruption in supply chain operations and logistics-related services. The fall in demand for expensive retail products worldwide due to lockdown measures, falling global demand for automobiles, and closed manufacturing facilities across several sectors created an adverse impact on the Global Radio Frequency Identification Industry. However, this also offered an opportunity to the RFID players for promoting the use of RFID solutions for industrial automation. Manufacturing companies seek RFID technology to increase their productivity to comply with social distancing norms. Many companies in the retail and healthcare sector deployed RFID solutions to continuously monitor the assets to reduce delivery time and increase productivity. Thus, the adoption of RFID technology gained momentum after 2021.
As per a report published in April 2021, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) estimated that more than 50 billion objects would be networked/tagged in the pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and logistics industries for the supply chain.
In February 2020, Avery Dennison opened up a new manufacturing facility in Brazil. This new factory helped to fulfill the market’s requirement for RFID inlays for projects in different verticals with the company’s advanced technology.
Governments Initiative to Promote the Adoption of Chipless RFID Technology in Major Sectors
- The Ministry of Health in Italy has mandated tracking of medicine unit from its production stage to the end pharmacy desk using RFID technology
- Turkey’s Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure has insisted on implementing some of the most advanced technologies in tolling that includes passive ultrahigh-frequency RFID technology to support the growth of the road network in Turkey. Over 600 high-performance ultra-high frequency RFID readers have been deployed in Turkey in 2021.
Key Topics Covered in the Report: –
- Snapshot of Global Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis of Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Market
- Market size and Segmentation of Global Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Market
- Historic Growth of Overall Global Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of Global Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings of Key Competitors
- Covid-19 Impact on Overall Global Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of Total Global Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Market and By Segments
- Market Size of Application/End User Segments with Historical CAGR and Future Forecasts
- Analysis of Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Market in Major Regions
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs in Each Major Regions
- Major Region-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Major Regions.
Major Companies Profiled in the Report
- Alien Technology
- Applied Wireless, Inc.,
- Avery Dennison Corporation,
- Checkpoint Systems, Inc.,
- Honeywell International Inc
- iDTRONIC GmbH
- Impinj Inc.
- Invengo Technology Pte. Ltd.
- Zebra Technologies Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Ensurge Micropower ASA
- SATO Holdings Corporation
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Infotek Software & Systems (P) Ltd.
- Nedap N.V.
- Datalogic S.p.A.
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Manufacturers
- Healthcare Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Suppliers
- Government and Policy Makers
- Regulatory Authorities in Chipless Radio Frequency Identification
- Chipless RFID Raw Material Suppliers
- Consulting Companies in the Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Market
- Automotive Industry Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Suppliers
- BFSI Industry Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Suppliers
- Retail Industry Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Suppliers
- Logistic & Transport Industry Chipless Radio Frequency Identification Suppliers
- Research Institutes
- Technology Investors
- Private Equity Firms, and venture capitalists
- Transport & Logistic RFID manufacturers
- Plastic Material Suppliers
- ETC Solution Providers
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
Time Period Captured in the Report
- Historical Period: 2017H-2021H
- Forecast Period: 2022E-2028F
For More Information on The Research Report, Refer to Below Link: –
Global Chipless RFID Market Analysis
Contact Us: –
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications