Brazil’s crop protection market is expanding as a result of shifting consumer preferences, rising crop protection product investment, and the use of cutting-edge agricultural technology in the country. Major players in the Crop Protection market in Brazil include Bayer CropScience, BASF SE, Syngenta AG, UPL, and Corteva agriscience.
Key Market Findings: –
- The biopesticides segment of the market is projected to register a higher CAGR than synthetic pesticides during the forecast period.
- The major players are strengthening their presence across the country through various activities such as mergers & acquisitions, expansion of their production units, warehouses, and distribution channels, investment in R&D, and new product developments.
- The growing trend of veganism will drive the market for agriculture and crop protection by increasing the requirement for the development of plant-based foods.
To learn more about this report, request a free sample copy
Top exporter of major crops: In 2022, Brazil was the top exporter of both coffee and soybeans, ranking fourth in the world’s agricultural economies. To prevent the influence of weeds on the soil, the Brazilian government has required the use of pesticides, more especially herbicides, to reduce soil erosion. Brazilian farmers favor using herbicides to get the best agricultural output and manage weeds. As a result, in the future, the increased output of cereals, soy, and wheat will encourage consumers to start using herbicides. One of the main economic development drivers in Brazil will be the increased use of glyphosate as a result of the increased use of glyphosate-resistant soybeans.
Adoption of GM technology: Brazil is the leading producer of GM (Genetically modified) crops in Latin America, with three commercialized crops: soybean, maize, and cotton and is the second largest producer of biotech crops in the world, next to the US. With the adoption of GM technology, the adoption of these crops will be fastening up the use of pesticides due to the rise of superweeds and the increase in the difficulty to kill insects. This will increase the use of more products for crop protection in the market in Brazil and will further drive its growth.
Increase in Research and development activities: During the projection period, the market segment for biopesticides is anticipated to grow at a faster rate than that of synthetic pesticides. Moreover, the demand for high-quality, organically produced goods and food safety will be rising all across the world. The farmers utilize bio-pesticides, as a result, to keep pests under control. Additionally, the low cost of production for biopesticides would result in a significant return on investment for the farmers due to the inexpensive R&D expenditure which will further drive the crop protection sector of Brazil.
Analysts at Ken Research in their latest publication “Brazil Crop Protection Market Outlook to 2027F – Segmented by Type (Pesticides (Herbicides, Insecticides, Fungicides, others) and Bio-pesticides (Bio-chemical pesticides, Microbial Pesticides, others)) by Crop Type (Cereal, Vegetable and Forage Crops)” observed the potential of the Crop Protection Market in Brazil. The growing population, increasing focus on food security, increased investment in research and development along with government incentives are expected to contribute to the market growth over the forecast period. The Brazil Crop Protection Market is expected to grow at ~% CAGR over the forecasted period 2022-2027F.
Key Segments Covered: –
Brazil Crop Protection Market:
Type of Pesticides:
- Rodenticides, Plant Growth Regulators, Adjuvants
Nature of Pesticides:
- Form of Pesticides
- Granules and Powder
To Know More about industry trends, Request a free Expert call
Type of Crops:
- Pulses and Oilseed
- Grains and Cereals
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Commercial Crops
- Turfs and Ornamental
Key Target Audience
- Crop Protection Companies
- Crop Protection Associations
- International Investors
- Chemical Companies
- International Crop Protection Companies
- Venture Capitalist Firms
- Agrochemical Manufacturers
- Raw Material Suppliers
- Research & Development Institutes
- Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities
Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Year: 2017-2022
- Base Year: 2022
- Forecast Period: 2022– 2027F
Crop Protection Company
- Bayer SA
- Syngenta Protecao de Cultivos Ltda.
- BASF S.A.
- Corteva Agriscience
- FMC Corporation
- Sipcam Nichino Brasil
- Rotam Brasil
- Arysta Lifescience of Brazil Ind. Qum.
- Nufarm do Brasil Ltda.
- UPL Limited
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Brazil Crop Protection Market Overview and Genesis (Overview and Genesis including Market Stage, Market Nature and Growth Drivers, Business Cycle Graph)
- Brazil Crop Protection Market Value Chain Analysis
- Overview of Brazil Agricultural Scenario (Agricultural Overview, Contribution to GDP, Planted Area and Production, Mechanization Rate, Major Crops, Climate, Challenges and Sources of Credit)
- Introduction to Brazil Crop Protection Market
- Brazil Crop Protection Market Segmentation
- Trade Scenario in Brazil Crop Protection Market (By Value, By Volume and By Countries)
- Decision-Making Process Used by Farmers before Purchasing Crop Protection Products
- Trends and Developments in Brazil Crop Protection Market
- Issues and Challenges in Brazil Crop Protection Market
- Brazil Crop Protection Market Regulations
- SWOT Analysis Brazil Crop Protection Market
- Brazil Crop Protection Market Competition Scenario (Competition Scenario, Strength and Weakness, Market Share, Competition Scenario of Major Players)
- Brazil Crop Protection Market Future Projection, 2022-2027F
- Future Outlook of Brazil Crop Protection Market Segmentations, 2022-2027F
- Analyst Recommendations
For more insights on market intelligence, refer to the link below: –
Related Reports by Ken Research: –