What Is The Size Of Global Water Desalination Equipment Industry?
Global Water Desalination Equipment market is growing at a CAGR of ~% in 2017-2022 and is expected to reach ~USD Bn by 2028F.
The Water Desalination Equipment Market is largely driven by water scarcity which means the lack of freshwater resources to provide the regular demand for water consumption for public use.
According to United Nations, which is an intergovernmental organization that fosters friendly ties between countries and maintains global peace and security stated that around 700 million people from more than 43 countries all around the globe are affected by water scarcity.
Environmental issues due to Brine Discharge, which is a remnant of a successful desalination process is one of the biggest challenge faced by the global desalination equipment market.
As the installation cost of the brine treatment system is significantly high, thus companies prefer to directly dump the brine back into the sea, which negatively affects the marine flora and fauna.
Due to the suspension of production operations in a number of industrial sectors, including Water Desalination Equipment manufacturing facilities, the COVID-19 pandemic hindered the growth of the Global Water Desalination Equipment Market. As a result, production showed a decline in the Water Desalination Equipment market.
For more information, request a free sample
Global Water Desalination Equipment Market By Technology
The Global Water Desalination Equipment market is segmented by Technology into Reverse Osmosis (RO), Multi-stage Flash, (MSF) Distillation, Multi-effect Distillation (MED) and others.
The Reverse Osmosis segment held the largest market share of the Global Water Desalination Equipment Market in 2022.
Reverse Osmosis uses membrane separation equipment for the water desalination process, which is purely physical and less expensive as compared to other technologies.
In reverse osmosis technology, the saline water is passed through a membrane, which filters salt and other minerals producing freshwater for generic use.
Global Water Desalination Equipment Market By Source
The Global Water Desalination Equipment Market is segmented by Source into Seawater, Brackish Water, River Water and Others.
The Seawater segment accounted for the largest market share in the source segment in 2022.
The growth is primarily due to the easy availability of seawater and the rise in the seawater desalination plants for dealing with water scarcity.
In the desalination process the seawater is pumped directly into the desalination plant and several technologies such as reverse osmosis and multi-effect distillation are used to remove several minerals such as sodium, chlorine, magnesium, and more to convert the seawater into freshwater.
Global Water Desalination Equipment Market By Application
The Global Water Desalination Equipment market is segmented by Application into Municipal, Industrial and Others.
The Municipal segment held the largest market share in 2022 of the global Water Desalination Equipment Market.
Municipality plays a critical role, owing to the surge in demand for fresh water from the growing population, rapid urbanization, and stringent environmental regulations drive the need for clean and safe water for consumption.
Water desalination is required by municipalities to supplement reserves by recovering wastewater, groundwater, and seawater, which can be supplied for domestic usage and others.
Visit this Link Request for custom report
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Snapshot of the Global Water Desalination Equipment Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of the Global Water Desalination Equipment Market
- Historic Growth of the Overall Global Water Desalination Equipment Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of the Global Water Desalination Equipment Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings, and Strengths & Weaknesses of Key Competitors
- COVID-19 Impact on the Overall Global Water Desalination Equipment Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total Global Water Desalination Equipment Market and by Segments
- Market Size of Application/End-user Segments with Historical CAGR and Future Forecasts
- Analysis of the Global Water Desalination Equipment Market
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs within Each Major Country
- Major Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Region
Key Companies Covered in the Report
- Doosan Corporation
- IDE Technologies
- Biwater Holdings Limited
- Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies
- ACWA Power
- Aquatech International LLC
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Useful Wastes
- High Voltage Water
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Water Desalination Equipment Raw Material Suppliers
- Water Desalination Equipment Products Manufacturers
- Government Ministries and Departments for Drinking Water and Sanitation
- Water Desalination Equipment Industry Association
- Water Desalination Equipment Companies
- Venture Capitalists Targeting Water Desalination Equipment Industry
- Investment Banks Targeting Water Desalination Equipment Industry
- Environmental Regulatory Authorities
Time Period Captured in the Report
- Historical Period: 2017-202
- Forecast Period: 2022E-2028F
For More Information on the Research Report, refer to below links: –